- Provides daily automatic body condition scoring
- Helps optimise feeding
- Promotes increased milk yield
- Supports improved heard health and reproduction
DeLaval BCS eliminates the guesswork and the inaccuracies of manual evaluation. The BCS camera is mounted on a DeLaval sort gate or on DeLaval VMS™. It takes a 3D image of your cows' lower backs every time they pass under the camera. It then calculates the body condition score of each cow and logs it in DeLaval DelPro™ Farm Manager where you can view graphs of individual animals, groups or the entire herd. DeLaval DelPro™ also notifies you if a cow falls below or rises above a certain score.
DeLaval BCS takes a 3D image of a cow’s back every time it passes under the camera and calculates its body condition score.
- Delivers daily, consistent and accurate body condition scoring
- Provides individual, group and herd overview
- Eliminates stress for cows when scoring
- Creates reports on health deviations
- Scores can be shared with veterinarians and nutritionists
- Warns you if you are underfeeding or overfeeding a cow, group or herd. This could result in moving a cow to another feeding group or adjusting a group feed ration.
- Enables maximum feed efficiency.
- Provides an early warning signal when a cow’s body condition score is decreasing too rapidly in early lactation and hence causing a risk of not getting pregnant in time and producing less milk.
- Helps avoid cows becoming too fat at dry-off and calving, which can lead to a higher risk of problems at calving and acquisition of metabolic disorders like ketosis in the new lactation.